Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bugs and Bites Oh My!



Well, today was a great day! Nolan woke up with a swollen eye that just kept getting more swollen from some insect bite he got yesterday. I am calling him my little Quasimodo. I must say I got a few looks from people while running errands today--no I don't beat my kid but the bugs sure did!




And then today--to top off his eye--he was playing at Clare's house with his cousin Quinn when they both started crying (they were playing in the Little Tikes playhouse outback). Clare and I ran over to see what happened and I picked up Nolan, while Clare made the assumption that Quinn had gotten stung by something. She was right--and it was still happening. The boys had incidentally woken up the wasps or hornets that were living underneath the playhouse. And they were not happy about it. They stung poor Quinn three times, Nolan once and they got me three times. A hornet was even buzzing around in Nolan's overalls--that was a fun, frantic screaming few minutes we had while stripping the kids down (now inside) to make sure all the buzzing insects were gone. I am still icing my arm---what a great way to end a perfectly fine afternoon (I must say the boys were a lot tougher than me--I STILL hurt!)
Oh--and one more thing...Nolan decided tonight that he likes dill pickles (and can even say pickles) but he only eats them until he runs out of room to hold onto and then he puts the rest on his plate and asks for another--funny kid!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that poor little boy! When you called I thought...oh it's probably nothing...NOT! Poor bugger! Use that Benadryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH!!!! yA yA went over to Clares house after work and got those big bad yellow jackets. Wasps
    build their nest in the trees where the yellow jackets burrow in to the ground. I think Clare and I killed the whole nest. I just wonder what Quinn and Nolan will do when There much better. Will they go out and play in the play house or will their experience make them stay away?

    poor guys and gals
    hope you all get better

    Love Ya Ya

    ReplyDelete