Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas (and baby) Countdown!

Usually I am annoyed to see Christmas trees up early in department stores, but this year was different. The sign of the first Christmas display (in Kohls right around Halloween) made me think, "Yay, this baby is almost here!" For those of you that don't know, we are scheduled for the c-section December 29th, the day after dad's birthday (he even said, pretty cool present--guess that means I don't have to get him anything this year--just kidding Charles!) We even have a countdown posted on our blog (look right!)

We have been busy getting our house in order and getting prepared. Although this time will be different because I will have a full week off of work before I actually have the baby. I am looking forward to that! I think Charles is actually in nesting mode as well as he is tackling projects all over the house (redoing the bathroom, regrouting kitchen tiles, hanging new shades). Most of the Christmas shopping is done (I am NEVER done this early but it feels great!) and I am ready to put up the decorations over Thanksgiving weekend. We are definitely in the holiday mood around here. We went to see the holiday parade downtown last weekend. Nolan was a little sad when it was all over and tonight we took a walk outside the zoo to see the Christmas decorations--Nolan's new favorite thing to look for while driving in the car. While getting our coats on and heading out the door, I explained to Nolan that we won't actually be able to go in to see the animals--as they were all sleeping already. Nolan's response, "Will we have to tip toe?" Where does he come up with these things??? I also enjoyed celebrating my 33rd birthday this weekend. Charles and I went out to a nice dinner at Olde Madrid downtown and then out to see a movie and then out for dessert. The movie freaked me out though--as he was snoring away later that night I was up thinking about alien abduction as we went to see "The Fourth Kind" (our other two choices were sold out!) ENjoy the pics below and Happy Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

  1. Great post and pics and video! Can't believe how thinned out his face is just from this summer! I miss being with you guys over the holidays. Never considered that the baby (still nameless as he is :P) will nearly share a birthday with Charles - kind of like Cory (26th) and Duke (30th) cool!

    ReplyDelete